Friday, February 26, 2010

Grandma Honey

Kevin's Mom is a fabulous mother-in-law. She is an even more fabulous Grandmother. She has so much energy for the boys (I have a nephew named Dexton) and she has no qualms about getting her hands "dirty." I loved when he was little and she was around because she just wanted to jump in and do things. Not only did she want to do things, but she always made sure that the way she cared for Kyler was in line with the way we wanted. That is amazing. So many people, particularly Mom's have their own way of doing things and that's the way they will do them thankyou very much. As Kevin and I have had some very particular and unorthodox ways of doing things, I really appreciated her approach. When she was around and Kyler needed a diaper or a bath or to be rocked to sleep (NiNies doesn't always work) or a new outfit on or anything really, she just jumped up and did it. As a new mother I am never great about asking for help. I know though, when Sheri is there she WANTS to take care of him. I will be honest-I have loved that so very much. Kyler has loved it too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so blessed with a great mother in law too. I always used to tell her and my father in law that I was their favorite daughter in law (which had to be true because I was the only daughter in law until recently). ;)

    ReplyDelete